We are are excited to announce that C-Motion has partnered with the Canadian Society for Biomechanics to be the official CSB 2018 Awards Sponsor!
C-Motion New Investigator Awards Available at CSB 2018:
One Masters Student Award, one Doctoral Student Award and one David Winter Promising Young Investigator Award will be presented at CSB 2018 in Halifax.
Applicant Submission Tips:
• Eligibility and application requirements for the C-Motion New Investigator Awards are detailed in the CSB Executive Handbook found here.
• For all New Investigator Awards the applicant is responsible for sending all required documents directly to the conference Awards Chair, Dr. Rebecca Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submit a single PDF package including a copy of the submitted abstract and supporting documentation. Include your abstract submission ID as a header on all documentation. The abstract submission ID will be received via email once you have successfully submitted an abstract through the online portal.
• Masters and Doctoral Awards: The letter from the student’s supervisor (as outlined in the executive handbook) is to be included in the PDF package and is sent to the awards chair from the applicant (i.e. the supervisor is not responsible to send the letter to the awards chair directly).
• David Winter Promising Young Investigator Award: The three letters of support for the candidate (as outlined in the executive handbook) are to be included in the PDF package and sent to the awards chair from the candidate (i.e. the support sponsors are not responsible to send the letter to the awards chair directly).
• The submission deadline for the New Investigator Awards is also the Abstract Submission Deadline (i.e. if the abstract submission portal is still open, applicants can submit their awards packages).
CSB President’s Award – Sponsored by C-Motion
• Eligibility and application requirements for CSB President’s Award are detailed in the CSB Executive Handbook found here. The submission deadline for the CSB President’s Award is also the Abstract Submission Deadline (i.e. if the abstract submission portal is still open, applicants can submit their awards packages).
• CSB President’s Award applications are sent to CSB President Dr. Salvatore Federico at email@example.com
Conference Travel Grants for Students – Sponsored by CSB
• Eligibility (Section 3.4 of the CSB Executive Handbook), application requirements, and the deadline (2 months before CSB 2018) for Conference Travel Grants offered through CSB are detailed in the CSB Executive Handbook found here.
• The application for the CSB travel grants can be found at https://csb-scb.com/awards/.
• Conference Travel Grant applications are sent to CSB Secretary Dr. Andrew Laing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Society for Biomechanics Career Award
• The CSB Career Award is intended to honour those individuals who have been active in promoting the field of biomechanics in Canada. Please go to the CSB Archives to checkout previous CSB Career Award Recipients.
De Luca Foundation Student Travel Awards (External Competition)
Students are also encouraged to apply for Student Travel Awards in a separate external competition that is generously supported by the De Luca Foundation.
The De Luca Foundation is pleased to offer Travel Awards for students presenting their research at the 2018 Canadian Society for Biomechanics conference in Halifax. Click here for eligibility, application requirements, and submission deadline. Please note: all applications for this award are to be directed to the De Luca Foundation, as outlined in the link above.